According to the Home Properties Lease Agreement, assigning a lease or subletting an apartment is not permitted without the Landlord's written consent. If you assign a lease or sublet an apartment without the Landlord's written consent, you will not be relieved from your obligations, including payment of rent and actions of person(s) remaining in the apartment. In addition, you will be in default of your lease agreement.
Certain restrictions to add leaseholders or occupants to the lease may apply. Anyone over 18 must pass credit and criminal background checks. The current application fee along with the current administrative fees will apply.
Please contact the office for details.
Holes should not be drilled in your apartment without our prior written consent, nor should any nails, hooks, or screws be used on any floors, doors, windows, tub, shower, appliances, or fixtures in the apartment. Before placing your pictures, curtain rods, etc. on the walls, please consider the restoration that will be needed upon vacating the premises. Using the proper hardware will ensure easy restoration.
Painting of the walls is permitted, however, you must return the walls to it's original color before vacating. Wall paper is not permitted.
Nothing should be fastened to the floors, doors, windows, walls, appliances, or fixtures in the apartment, the exterior walls, or porches of the buildings.
Please refrain from hanging signs, advertisements, or notices on the outside or inside of any apartment or building.
Locks on the doors leading to the apartment should not be altered without our consent. We must have a key to every lock at all times, and every lock must be compatible with the master key system for the building.
Please do not use the balcony, patio, or terrace of your apartment to store personal property.
Additionally, no towels, rags, rugs, laundry, or other items should be hung from any balcony or terrace, nor should anything be thrown or dropped from the windows, balcony or terrace.
Please refrain from cooking or barbecuing on a porch, patio, or balcony. Second floor apartments are not permitted to use any grills.
Gas grills are not permitted by Middletown Township and fines per day could be as high at $1000.00 from the Fire Marshal.
Please refer to your lease under Community Rules and Regulations for more details.
The school bus stop is located in the back of the community at the middle entrance near I building. Please make sure that your children are not standing in the roads while waiting for the school bus to arrive. Please advise your children to safely stand on the sidewalk while waiting for the bus to arrive to avoid incoming and outgoing traffic. Playing ball at the bus stop is not permitted unless they are far enough away from vehicles and safely away from incoming and outgoing traffic.
Please remember that while we love watching children get outside to play, their safety is our top priority. Parents please remind your children that playing in the parking lots and dumpster areas is very dangerous. Drivers, please adhere to the speed limit (or lower) when driving through the community, and be on the lookout for small children, especially when backing out of your parking spot.
Please also remind your children they cannot climb trees or the hill behind the pool area located at the first set of tennis courts. STAY OF THE NETS in the tennis courts at all times.
All bikes, scooters, skateboards, toys, etc. cannot be left lying around the grounds and walkways.
Chalk writing is not permitted on the grounds, walkways or any part of the exterior of the buildings.
Comcast may or may not need to come to your apartment to set up your cable. Please remember the following:
1) Should they need our maintenance to open any utility closets, please make sure they are scheduled during our business hours of Monday - Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm. Our staff is not here on weekends to accommodate their schedules and this is not considered an emergency.
2) Wires are not permitted to be pulled under the carpets. At move out, the cost to repair/re-tack the carpet will be your responsibility.
Common areas, sidewalks, entrances, lobbies, hallways, elevators, or stairways of the community should not be used for any purpose other than entry and exit. Please do not place or store furniture, equipment, or personal articles in any common areas for any period of time. We may remove any such items at any time, at your expense, including any storage costs.
Effective 1/24/13, the disposal of desktop computers, laptop computers, computer monitors, computer peripherals, televisions and any of their components may not be disposed of in municipal waste. The good news is retailers of these items appear to be required to take them.
Contact your local Best Buy retailers for more information on what they can take and if there are fees involved.
All equipment located in your apartment or community should be used in a reasonable and careful manner. Equipment includes such things as toilets, sinks, electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, building access system, elevators, appliances, or other facilities. If you or your family, guests, or visitors use any equipment in a manner that causes damage to the equipment, you could be held responsible for the costs of repairing or replacing it.
If your community has a pool, you must pay any required fees prior to usage. For your safety, please obey all pool rules and regulations.
Games, sports, and other recreational activities are permitted only in designated areas. All rules and regulations must be obeyed including the days and hours that recreational facilities may be used.
We may at any time discontinue any recreational services or close down facilities either temporarily or permanently.
When cleaning a fish bowl, tank or other pet containers use a strainer to capture the pebbles or other residue. Any pebbles disposed of in the sink can severely damage the garbage disposal and clog the drain. Not all apartments have garbage disposals.
DO NOT pour grease of any kind down disposal.
DO NOT put bones down the disposal.
DO NOT put rice, potatoes, banana peels, or other starch based foods down the disposal.
Watch the non-food items don’t fall or inadvertently get thrown into your disposal.
Don’t over stuff garbage disposal with any items.
When running disposal, run very hot water down disposal.
Run disposal long enough for water and discarded items to be thoroughly grounded up and washed through the drain pipe.
Pour a box of baking soda down disposal a minimum of every three months.
Approximately once a month grind a bunch of ice cubes in the disposal. This helps clean and keep the blades sharp.
Garbage disposals may be removed at time at the discretion of our maintenance team.
Items which weigh more than we determine is reasonable for the floor loading of the apartment are not permitted. You must check with us before bringing heavy items (i.e., waterbeds, safes, etc.) into the apartment. Extra appliances including washers and dryers are not permitted to be brought into the apartment.
Do not use any abrasive cleaners or sponges on the outside of the appliances. Use watered down windex and a soft clean towel or mild soap and warm water. Your appliances have painted surfaces and will scratch easily with the wrong cleaning materials and cause damage.
Dishwasher - You should use a drying agent such as a rinse aid for good drying performance. Rinse aid's along with the Heat Dry option will provide best drying and avoid excessive moisture in the dishwasher interior.
Washing machines - They are energy saving machines, therefore they use a lot less water. Make sure you do not pack your clothes in tightly or over stuff. Items should be put in loosely and evenly distrubuted for best results.
Appliance guides can be found on our resident website for your convenience.
Lower Bucks County Joint Municipal Authority flushes hydrants twice a year. Typically between April and May and September and October. During this time frame, they will be flushing hydrants throughout Lower Bucks.
You will experience low water pressure and water discoloration during this time frame and sometime throughout the year if work is being done on the water lines on or off the property.
Should you have water discoloration, turn on all faucets until the water runs clear. Anytime you would like to have your water tested, you can contact the Water Authority directly at 215-946-0731. The Water Authority randomly tests local business's on a regular basis.
The light bulbs are furnished upon move-in, but it is the responsibility of the resident to replace all bulbs with the proper wattage needed. The only exception to this is the outside lights above the front door and the appliance lights.
Two keys to your new home will be issued at the time of occupancy. Additional keys can be made at your expense. Alterations or replacement of any locks must have prior consent of management. Additional locks are not permitted.
If a resident is locked out and needs a key during office hours, there is no charge to check out a key to your apartment during our business hours with proper identification.
If you would like your locks changed Monday - Friday between 8:30am and 5:00pm a $50.00 charge will apply.
If you are locked out after hours and maintenance is required to come out a $50.00 charge will apply as well and if you are requesting a lock change after hours a $85.00 charge will apply. After hours includes weekends. Fees can change at any time without notice.
Please keep in mind we may remove any vehicle at the owner’s expense if it appears abandoned, inoperable, does not display an inspection sticker and/or license plates, or the inspection and/or registration is expired.
We apologize, but due to local water restrictions and hazardous substance ordinances, we cannot allow residents or their guests to work on their vehicles in the community parking areas. Vehicles may be washed only in designated areas. If there is no designated area, then washing vehicles is not allowed.
Upon moving in and/or out or any time during the lease term, vehicles are not permitted to be driven onto the lawn and must remain in the parking lots. A fine of $100.00 will be charged to your account, as a violation of the lease, and will be your responsibility for each offense. Fees can change at any time without notice.
There is a limit on the maximum number of persons allowed to live in your apartment, as follows:
One Bedroom Number of Persons Allowed: 2
Two Bedroom Number of Persons Allowed: 4
Three Bedroom Number of Person Allowed: 6
Family members or guests are not permitted to stay for extended periods of time or on a normal basis without being added to the lease. Restrictions may apply.
Outside water faucets are not for resident's use. When watering your plants, please use a watering can filled with water from your sink.
Your monthly rent is due on the 1st of each month. This is payable by check, certified funds or online through RentPayment. All payable to Home Properties.
Your Yes Energy bill is also due on the 1st of each month with your rent. Please wait until you start receiving your bill before paying, (even if you are on the Budget Plan). This bill is also payable to Home Properties. DO NOT pay this bill directly to Yes Energy.
For your convenience, you may pay your rent and Yes bill together in the same check on the 1st of the month. If paying separately, please make sure each check is payable to Home Properties and your apartment number is in the memo line indicating east or south as well.
Should you not pay your rent and yes bill in full on the 1st of each month, you will incur late fees. Please refer to the late fee section of your lease for more information.
We have made every attempt in the construction of Racquet Club to ensure "sound reduction." However, the consideration of your neighbor is appreciated.
All residents, their family, and guests should conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb their neighbors or community staff. Noise, odors, or any other actions that cause a disturbance are not permitted. Please do not interfere with the rights, comforts, or convenience of other residents or community staff.
Remember you are responsible for the conduct of your family, friends, guests, and anyone you invite into the community.
We will make reasonable efforts to stop neighbors from disturbing your peace, but we cannot be responsible for controlling their actions. If you are seriously disturbed by activities at your neighbor’s apartment, please call the police.
Please refer to your lease under Community Rules and Regulations.
An exterminator will come to Racquet Club once a week. Effective 11/15/2016, the day of service will be every Tuesday. The day of service can change at any time without notice based on the contractor's and Management office schedule. If you have a request, please call the Management Office.
Standard exterminating issues are covered under our weekly services. Anything that will cost extra for particular treatment will be the resident's responsibility.
There is a $275.00 one-time non-refundable pet fee required for and an additional $35.00 per month per pet. Any fees associated with pets are non-refundable. These fees may change at any time without notice. Any damages caused by your pets will be your responsibility.
The maximum number of pets permitted in the apartments is two. No visiting pets are permitted in any apartment.
Breed restrictions apply. Except as required by law, restrictions or prohibitions on pets apply.
Cats & dogs are welcome at your community. A Pet Agreement is required for all pets and additional fees apply. Any violation of pet rules and regulations can result in charges to your account, loss of pet privileges, or eviction. See restrictions below.
Number of Pets
Pet Friendly Areas
Pets may be restricted to certain buildings and/or floor levels within the community.
Service Animals or Assistance Animals for Disabled
Service animals or other assistance animals for disabled residents will always be permitted with verification that the resident qualifies as disabled and requires the animal in order to have equal opportunity to use and enjoy the apartment and community. A Pet Addendum will be required; however, all fees, deposits, and renters’ insurance requirements specific to the animal will be waived. Rules and regulations will apply to the animal.
The following dog breeds are not allowed (no full or mix of any of the following):
- Alaskan Malamute
- American Bulldog
- Dogo Argentino
- German Shepherd
- Presa Canario
- Staffordshire Terrier/Pit Bull
or any other breed prohibited by management for life/safety reasons. We may change the restricted breed list after thirty (30) days notice; however, if such change means that your dog will no longer be allowed, then your dog will nonetheless be permitted (grandfathered) until the expiration of your then-current lease term. No “visiting” pets are allowed.
Pet Rules and Regulations
- Pets must be licensed and immunized in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Dogs are not allowed outside the apartment unless on a leash (in accordance with local leash laws) and under your control or under the control of your designated responsible person.
- Cats must be indoors only. Only domestic breeds are allowed.
- Pets must not be left alone, at any time, outside the apartment. Animal control will be called to remove any pets left unattended within the community.
- Dogs may not be tied to any fixed object (such as a tree) anywhere in the community. You may not keep your pet on the balconies or patios unleashed or unattended at any time.
- No pets are allowed in the swimming pool areas, other apartments, laundry rooms, offices, clubrooms, or other recreational facilities, except as required by applicable laws related to service animals or other assistance animals.
- Dogs and cats must be housebroken. Dogs and cats must be spayed or neutered, and no pet offspring are allowed.
- Pets must be walked and curbed only in designated areas. You are responsible for immediate clean-up of pet waste. Pet waste is to be disposed of properly in plastic bags and placed in the dumpsters or other designated dog stations.
- You will not allow any pet to become a nuisance or danger to other residents, which includes, but is not limited to, biting, excessive barking, or whining.
- Upon maintenance requests, dogs must be restricted to an area not affected by the service request.
- You are responsible for any extermination fees incurred as a result of keeping a pet in the apartment.
We may change any of the above Pet Rules and Regulations after thirty (30) days’ notice.
Recycling containers are located at each dumpster location. Single Stream Recycling INCLUDES flattened cardboard, magazines, office paper, brown paper bags, newspapers, paperboard (i.e. food boxes), paper cardboard, dairy and juice containers, junk mail, phone books, plastic bottles and containers #1-7, aluminum cans, and tin or steel cans. It DOES NOT include food waste, films, plastic bags, plastic wrap, or foam cups and containers.
Please do not bring anything into your apartment or the community that increases the risk of fire. Things that could cause an increased risk of fire include flammable oils, fluids, propane, benzene, gasoline, kerosene, or other hazardous materials.
Please refrain from cooking or barbecuing on a porch, patio, balcony, or within 15 feet of any building, except as expressly permitted by your community. Second floor apartments are not permitted to use any grills.
Satellite dishes one meter or less in size are permitted upon your signing a Lease Addendum – Satellite Antenna and Dishes.
Satellite Dishes are not permitted to be attached to the buildings, roofs, patio fences or placed on the grounds. They are required to be placed in a bucket or tripod within your patio area.
Adding Value to your SmartCard
- Insert SmartCard into the Cash Service Center, with the chip facing up towards the machine.
- The balance on your card will show on the electronic display.
- To add value on to your card, with the card already in the Cash Service Center, insert $5, $10, or $20 into the bill acceptor.
- Wait for the card to be updated and remove the card.
Use in Laundry Machine
- The price of the cycle is displayed on the electronic display.
- To start the machine, insert SmartCard into the card-reader slot with the chip facing up towards the machine.
- Select the cycle desired. The length of the cycle will be displayed after the machine has started.
- After your cycle selection, wait until the machine starts and the display on the machine says to “Pull Card.”
General Care of SmartCard
- Store card in a safe place away from magnetic fields such as microwaves, computers, other credit cards, and electronic equipment.
- Do not bend.
- Do not insert card in anything but the laundry machines and the Cash Service Center.
- The information may be erased if inserted in any other card reader.
- Keep card and chip clean from any grease, film, or laundry soap.
- Keep card and chip dry and free from scratches.
- Do not put wet clothes on the SmartCard readers.
Stop by the leasing office during normal business hours if you have any questions regarding your SmartCard.
Residents should clear off their own vehicles and move them to an area that has already been plowed. Our trucks will not fit into parking areas unless we have ample space. Saving spots are not permitted.
We are required to plow a safe distance away from the back of vehicles.
We have contracted a company called BrightView for snow and ice removal operations. Please adhere to the following guidelines related to snow removal:
- All communications regarding snow removal operations should be directed to our Leasing Office (e.g., if plowing or sidewalk clearing has not occurred in your section of the community). If the office is closed due to inclement weather, please leave a voicemail message, as they are monitored and responded to! BrightView has been instructed to only communicate with Community Managers.
- BrightView will begin snow removal operations after two (2) inches of snow has accumulated on paved surfaces or at the discretion of the community.
- Parking spaces will be truck bladed to the extent that parked vehicles permit (at least three unoccupied parking spaces in a row) during the original plowing service. Roadways will be plowed curb to curb, or as close to the curb, as the roadway allows.
- BrightView snowplow operators will attempt to push the snow off the roadway in smooth, continuous passes with the blades angled toward the road to not create large drifts of snow in front of parked cars; however, the contractor is not responsible for removing snow from behind/around cars after the snow removal service. This will inevitably occur each time the truck plows snow from the street, but BrightView has been cautioned to avoid this as much as possible.
- After the snow has been removed, BrightView will use rock salt on the drivelanes and parking areas and ice melt for the sidewalks.
- Snow should never be shoveled onto streets, sidewalks, or other parking spaces. BrightView is not responsible for the removal of snow piled by residents in these areas. When shoveling or blowing snow, please place it onto grass-covered common areas. Visit the Leasing Office to borrow a spare shovel if needed.
- If you are essential personnel or are required to be available for work, please make private arrangements or park on a public or adjacent street.
- Snow removal and ice melt will not be applied to your patio area during winter months by BrightView of the community. Under the provisions of your lease, it is your responsibility to keep your apartment in a clean, orderly, and safe condition. This includes the patio area. Failure to do so will be at your own risk.
Do not place paper towels, diapers, facial tissues, or other such items in the bowl.
All trash should be placed in plastic bags and disposed of in the appropriate waste containers. Bulk items should never be disposed of outside of waste enclosures or left on community grounds. Please do not place any trash in halls, stairways, balconies, or laundry rooms.
It is a good idea to notify a trusted neighbor when you are planning a trip, so that they may watch your home more closely. You may want to stop delivery of newspapers, mail, etc.
Maintaining the apartment and keeping items kept clean and in working condition is the resident's responsibility. Resident's will be charged $2.00 per slat if replacements are needed. Price can change at any time without notice.